Adolescent Eating Disorder PHP
The Adolescent Eating Disorders PHP (Partial Hospitalization Program)/Day Treatment Program at Doorways is for males and females ages 13-18. It is 5 days per week. Open enrollment, join any time.
We understand the devastating toll that Eating Disorders can take on a person and on their family. We incorporate Group therapy, individual sessions, and family involvement to provide the best chances for moving further on to recovery. Groups are small and generally do not exceed 10 people, allowing for a safe and supportive environment. We have provided Eating Disorder treatment at the Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient level for 10 years and are now starting this new program as of August 2022.
The ED PHP/Day Program consists of a variety of treatments that are all evidence-based, research-informed, and specific to adolescents’ culture and development. We speak Teenager!
This program is designed specifically for adolescents who are struggling with:
- Binge eating
- Severe body image concerns
- Other eating or nutrition issues
The ED PHP meets 5 days per week (Mondays through Fridays) and includes psychoeducation and processing utilizing the following:
- Registered Dietitian-Monitored Snacks and Dinners
- Individual meetings bi-weekly with a Dietitian to include Meal Planning
- Individual Therapy with a master’s level therapist twice weekly
- Family therapy sessions once weekly
- Psychiatric evaluation, assessments and medication management if needed weekly
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills
- Relapse Prevention and Goal Setting with Accountability
- Body Image Group
- Nutrition Group
- Parent Group and Multifamily group
- Psychoeducation regarding the Physical and medical complications of Eating Disorders and Family dynamics which impact Recovery
- Experiential groups such as Yoga and Expressive Art
- Weekly Off Site activities such as food shopping, eating out and body image challenges